UDK 34 Право. Юридические науки
BBK 58 Прикладные отрасли медицины
The article highlights the issues of establishing cause-and-effect relationships in cases of death and injury to human health in the provision of medical care. The theoretical foundations and practical problems of determining the severity of harm to the patient's health in severe infectious diseases and the development of complications caused by surgical infection are considered. The article presents a brief description of the main provisions of the legislation and methods of forensic medical expert assessment of infectious processes in the patient's body associated with both the disease and the consequences of medical interventions, including improper medical care. It is noted that the fact of occurrence of infectious complications cannot be regarded as harm to the patient's health in the absence of data confirming the presence of a direct cause-and-effect relationship between the admitted defects (shortcomings) of medical care and the adverse outcome of the disease or injury. An example from practice is given and a rare case of a combination of botulism with a brain infarction is analyzed. Simultaneous ischemic and toxic damage to the nervous system caused difficulties both in the clinical diagnosis during the patient's lifetime and in the process of expert evaluation of the medical care after his death. The authors of the article come to the conclusion that the procedure for establishing causal relationships and the severity of harm to human health caused during medical care needs to be further improved from the standpoint of legislation and methods of conducting forensic medical examination. Special attention should be paid to fatal cases of nosocomial infection, as well as infectious complications of surgical interventions. Determining the severity of a patient's health injury should be based on an analysis of the causal relationship between deficiencies in medical care and an adverse outcome.
forensic medical examination, defects in medical care, infection, harm to health, cause-and-effect relationship
1. Avdeev A.I., D'yachenko V.G., D'yachenko S.V. Ekspertiza yatrogenii: monografiya. Habarovsk: Lider, 2015. 660 s.
2. Barinov E.H., Sundukov D.V. Analiz vrachebnyh oshibok v medicinskoy praktike // Obschaya reanimatologiya. 2012. № 8(2). S. 79.
3. Bastrykin A.I. Protivodeystvie prestupleniyam, sovershaemym medicinskimi rabotnikami: problemy i puti ih resheniya // Vestnik Akademii Sledstvennogo komiteta Rossiyskoy Federacii. 2017. № 1. S. 11–14.
4. Kadochnikov D.S. K voprosu ob ocenke oslozhneniy lecheniya, voznikshih po «vine» pacienta // Medicinskoe pravo: teoriya i praktika. 2018. T. 4. № 2(8). S. 64–68.
5. Kadochnikov D.S., Minaeva P.V. Voprosy sovershenstvovaniya zakonodatel'stva, reguliruyuschego ocenku tyazhesti vreda zdorov'yu ot vozdeystviya biologicheskogo povrezhdayuschego faktora // Vestnik sudebnoy mediciny. 2016. № 5(4). S. 15–19.
6. Kovalev A.V. Poryadok provedeniya sudebno-medicinskoy ekspertizy i ustanovleniya prichinno-sledstvennyh svyazey po faktu neokazaniya ili nenadlezhaschego okazaniya medicinskoy pomoschi. M.: FGBU «RCSME», 2017. 29 s.
7. Nenadlezhaschee okazanie medicinskoy pomoschi. Sudebno-medicinskaya ekspertiza: uchebnoe posobie / Pod red. P.O. Romodanovskogo, A.V. Kovaleva, E.H. Barinova. M.: GEOTAR-Media, 2018. 144 s.
8. Rassledovanie prestupleniy, sovershennyh medicinskimi rabotnikami po neostorozhnosti (yatrogennyh prestupleniy): ucheb.-metod. posobie dlya studentov vuzov, obuchayuschihsya po napravleniyu podgotovki «Yurisprudenciya» / Pod red. A.M. Bagmeta. M.: Yuniti-Dana, 2018. 159 s.