This year marks 85 years of the National Research University “Moscow Power Engineering Institute” (National Research University "MPEI”). The department of engineering drawing was the first among other departments in the MEI, for which it is also the anniversary year. The organizer and the first head of this department from 1930 to 1962 was Eugeniy A. Glazunov - a prominent scientist and educator, engineer and organizer, who celebrates 125 years. At the beginning of 1930 the Department of Electrical Engineering Higher Technical School, which earlier E.A. Glazunov graduated, has been transformed into the Moscow Higher School of Energy, which became soon the Moscow Energy Institute. Eugeniy Glazunov was appointed to the head of the department of descriptive geometry and drawing in MPEI. (Some time this department was called "Technical graphics"). His name is undeservedly rarely mentioned in textbooks and other literature in applied geometry and graphics. But Eugeniy Glazunov was very authoritative in the circle geometry and graphics, and among the heads of departments he was one of the initiators and leaders of the Moscow seminar on descriptive geometry, who published his works, and the head of the department, who generously shared teaching materials with his related institution. But E.A. Glazunov had relatively few publications compared with present time. But there were very capital works. One of them was written in conjunction with the N.F. Chetverukhin and is called "Axonometry." But it was not only an outstanding organizer and teacher, but also a magnitude engineer — designer and practitioner in the field of electrical engineering. He was a team-mate, who developed and marketed the first installation, substation and network of well-known Russian electrification plan — the plan for electrification. Based on his experience and under his leadership tasks on the engineering drawing based on electrical products and parts were improved, and drawing ceased to be exclusively machine-building. His merits in the development of engineering education and his geometry and graphic component were so significant that he was awarded the title of professorship of Higher Attestation Commission without doctoral dissertation. He was also one of the highest awards of that time, the Order of Lenin (1951).
Eugeniy A. Glazunov, anniversary, MPEI, Department of Engineering Graphics, contribution to engineering education, electrician engineer.
1. Aleksandrov K.K. Elektrotekhnicheskie chertezhi i skhemy [Electrical drawings and diagrams]. Moscow, Izdatel´stvo MEHI Publ., 2004. 300 p.
2. Arhiv MEHI, opis´ za 1962 g., lichnoe delo Glazunova E.A., arhivnyj №122. [Archive MEI inventory for 1962. Private business Glazunov EA archive № 122.]
3. Arustamov H.A. Atlas chertezhej po nachertatel´noj geometrii [The Atlas of drawings of descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Sektor uchebnyh posobij KrMMMI im. N.EH. Baumana Publ., 1934. 32 p.
4. Bogolyubov S.K. Zadaniya po kursu chercheniya [Jobs at the rate of drawing]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1983. 279 p.
5. Bryzgalov N.N. Zadachnik po nachertatel´noj geometrii [Book of problems in descriptive geometry]. Moscow, iz-vo MEHI Publ., 1949. 132 p.
6. Bryzgalov N.N. Lekcii po nachertatel´noj geometrii (konspekt) [Lectures on descriptive geometry]. Moscow, MEHI Publ., 1970. 250 p.
7. Bubennikov A.V. Nachertatel´naya geometriya [Descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Vyssh. Shkola Publ., 1985. 288 p.
8. Voloshin A.E. Uchenyj, izobretatel´,zaveduyushchij kafedroj [Scientist, inventor, head of the department]. Geometriya i grafika [Geometry and Graphics]. 2014, V. 2, I. 1, pp. 58–65.
9. Vyshnepol´skij V.I. Laureat Gosudarstvennoj premii I.S. Vyshnepol´skij [ ]. Geometriya i grafika [Geometry and Graphics]. 2014, V. 2, I. 2, pp. 49–58.
10. Vysshaya Attestacionnaya Komissiya Vsesoyuznogo komiteta po delam vysshej shkoly pri SNK SSSR, Vypiska iz protokola № 25 ot 11 iyunya 1939 g. [Higher Attestation Commission of the All-Union Committee for Higher Education in SNK, Extract from the Minutes № 25 of 11 June 1939.]
11. Glagolev N.A. Nachertatel´naya geometriya [Descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Leningrad, Gostekhizdat Publ., 1936.
12. Glazunov E.A. Aksonometriya [Axonometry]. Moscow, GITTL Publ., 1953. 291 p.
13. Glazunov E.A. Al´bom zadanij po geometricheskomu i proekcionnomu chercheniyu [Album assignments geometric projection and plotting]. Moscow, Izdanie Moskovskogo Energeticheskogo instituta Publ., 1934. 84 p.
14. Kamenev V.I. Aksonometricheskie proekcii [Axonometric projection]. Moscow, MASHGIZ Publ., 1938. 105 p.
15. Kotov I.I. Nachertatel´naya geometriya [Descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1970.
16. Kurdyumov V.I. Kurs nachertatel´noj geometrii [The course of descriptive geometry]. St. Petersburg, Izdatel´stvo Peterb. in-ta putej soobshcheniya Publ., 1905.
17. Kurdyumov V.I. Kurs nachertatel´noj geometrii [The course of descriptive geometry]. St. Petersburg, 1897.
18. Loktev O.V. Zadachnik po nachertatel´noj geometrii [Book of problems in descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1977. 76 p.
19. CHetveruhina N.F. Metody nachertatel´noj geometrii i eyo prilozheniya [The methods of descriptive geometry and its applications]. Moscow, GITTL Publ., 1955. 412 p.
20. Ministerstvo Narodnogo Prosveshcheniya, Diplom № 1288. 8.02.1917. [The Ministry of National Education, Diploma № 1288. 8.02.1917.]
21. Pavlov V.E. Dmitrij Ivanovich Kargin. 1880–1948. [Pavlov VE Dmitri Ivanovich Kargin. 1880–1948]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1998.
22. CHubajs A.B. Ot plana GOEHLRO k restrukturizacii RAO “EEHS Rossii. 80 let razvitiya ehnergetiki“ [From the electrification plan for the restructuring of RAO "UES of Russia. 80 years of energy development "]. Moscow, AO Informehnergo Publ., 2000. 528 p.
23. Popov N.A. Aksonometricheskie proekcii [Axonometric projection]. Moscow, 1932.
24. Prikaz ministra vysshego i srednego special´nogo obrazovaniya SSSR №601-AF, 12 iyulya 1960. [Order of the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the USSR № 601-AP, July 12, 1960.].
25. Ryzhov N.N. Tetrad´ po nachertatel´noj geometrii [Book on descriptive geometry]. Moscow, 1983.
26. Rylev YU.I. 6000 izobretenij HKH i HKHI vekov, izmenivshie mir [6000 Invention of the century, changed the world]. Moscow, EHKSMO Publ., 2012. 431 p.
27. Rynin N.A. Aksonometriya [Axonometry]. Petrograd, 1922.
28. Rynin N.A. Nachertatel´naya geometriya (metody izobrazheniiya) [Descriptive geometry. (methods izobrazheniiya)]. St. Petersburg, 1913. 102 p.
29. Rynin N.A. Nachertatel´naya geometriya [Descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Gosstrojizdat Publ.,1939.
30. Salkov N.A. Kurs nachertatel´noj geometrii Gaspara Monzha [The course of descriptive geometry Gaspard Monge]. Geometriya i grafika [Geometry and Graphics], 2013, V. 1, I. 3–4, pp. 52–56.
31. Sevost´yanov YA.A. Osnovaniya nachertatel´noj geometrii [Grounds descriptive geometry]. St. Petersburg, 1821.
32. SNK SSSR Vsesoyuznyj Komitet po Delam Vysshej SHkoly, Vysshaya Attestacionnaya komissiya. Attestat professora pr № 001857 , M.; 4.03.1946 [SNK-Union Committee for Higher Education, the Higher Attestation Commission. Professor certificates etc. number 001 857, M .; 03/04/1946].
33. Tarasov B.F. Nikolaj Alekseevich Rynin. 1877–1942. [Nikolai Rynin. 1877–1942]. Leningrad, Nauka Publ., 1990.
34. Tarasov B.F. Yakov Aleksandrovich Savost´yanov. [Yakov Savostianov]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1995.
35. Tarasov B.F. Valerian Ivanovich Kurdyumov [Valerian Ivanovich Kurdyumov]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 1997.
36. Beskin N.M., Gordon V.O., Kotov I.I. Trudy Moskovskogo seminara po nachertatel´noj geometrii i inzhenernoj grafike [Proceedings of the Moscow seminar on descriptive geometry and engineering graphics]. Moscow, Gosizdat.” Sovetskaya nauka” Publ., 1953. 271 p.
37. Frolov S.A. Nachertatel´naya geometriya [Descriptive geometry]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1978.