An engineering analysis of the technical documentation means the activity by which the information is set in the documentation is extracted to verify the correctness of a given point of view of implementation, further development of the documentation (technical object) or accumulation of engineering experience. The current paper provides a summary of the types of engineering analysis, which can be carried out based on the design documentation. The following types of analysis are discussed in the paper: structural (the definition of the components of the object and connections between them); constructive (realization of major constructive activities); conceptual (search for other conceptual versions of the product); functional (determination of the object functions); geometrical (determination of other variants of the components shape, their placement and the connections between them); for calculation (determination of the necessary calculations); research (identification of the necessary tests); of safety (analysis of the product from the point of view of human safety); functional value (technical and economic improvement); dimensional (determination of fits and deviations of dimensions); technological control (inspection of the parts from the viewpoint of manufacturability); metrological (the same, but from the viewpoint of measurement); heuristic (search of ideas for improving of the object); of modification (search for modifications of the object); for regulatory control (check for complying with all regulatory requirements); ergonomic (analysis of the product from an ergonomic point of view); aesthetic (arrangement of aesthetic point of view); of transport (analysis of the object from the point of view of its transport); technological (analysis of the product from the point of view of its manufacture); operational (analysis of the product from the point of view of its operation); of repair (analysis of the product from the point of view of its repair); of utilization (analysis from the viewpoint of utilization); environmental (analysis from the viewpoint of environmental pollution); correctional (correction of the documentation). These analyzes can be used in the engineering training of students — a part of them in the course "Technical Documentation" or disciplines with similar names, while the other parts in the other design disciplines.
graphic training, design documentation, engineer - ing analysis, engineering graphics, fundamentals of engineering design, engineering education.
1. State Standard 2.114:1985. Normocontrol, Sofia, BIS Publ., 1985. 8 p. (in Bulgarian)
2. State Standard 2.121:1977 Unified system for design documentation. Technological inspection of design documentation, Sofia, BIS Publ., 1977. 6 p. (in Bulgarian)
3. Ganeva N., Leparov M., Stanchev G. Osnovi na inzhenernoto proektirane, r"kovodstvo za uprazhnenija [Fundamentals of engineering design, manual for exercises]. Sofia, Softtrade Publ., 2013. 185 p. (in Bulgarian)
4. Leparov M., Vicheva M., Georgiev M. Osnovi na inzhenernoto proektirane [Fundamentals of engineering design]. Sofia, Softtrade Publ, 2011. 364 р. (in Bulgarian)
5. Polovinkin A.I. Osnovy inzhenernogo tvorchestva [Fundamentals of engineering creativity]. S-Peterburg, Lan Publ., 2007. 368 p.
6. Otto K., Wood K. Product Design. Techniques in Engineering and New Product Development, NJ, Prentice Hall., 2001. 1065 p.
7. Pahl G., Beitz W., Feldhusen J., Grote K. Engineering Design. A Systematic Approach, Springer- Verlag Berlin, 2007. 617 p.