The structure of Russian society is seriously distorted. Among all graduates of vocational education institutions, the share of University graduates is about 60%. The Russian economy will be about 75 % of the graduates of vocational education institutions with medium and low qualifications. 50 % of young specialists with higher education change their profession or qualification. This situation prompted the authors to study the problems of vocational guidance of schoolchildren. The empirical base for the study was a survey conducted in September-October 2015. The study used a systematic probability sample. Of 800 participants in the experiment in three Russian regions (Moscow, Kirov, Vologda region) was selected 152 people for interviewing. The object of the research is learning in school youth. The study focused on motivation, possible models of behavior and choice of profession. The results contribute to the understanding of the essence of motivation of choice of profession graduates of schools as a set of stable motives. Evidence shows that the motivation of the choice of the high school graduates profile of higher education or a future profession effected not by the school.
professional orientation, motivation of choice of profession, professional concerns, the role of schools in choosing a profession.
1. Shishov S.E. Kachestvo obshhego obrazovanija v postindustrial´nom obshhestve [The quality of general education in the post-industrial society]. Standarty i monitoring v obrazovanii [Standards and monitoring for education]. 2008, I. 5, pp. 52–56.
2. Shishov S.E. Formirovanie kadrovogo potenciala dlja vysokotehnologichnoj jekonomiki [Formation of personnel potential for high-tech economy]. Nanotehnologii. Jekologija. Proizvodstvo [Nanotechnology. Ecology. Production]. 2009, I. 2, pp. 66–69.
3. Shishov S.G., Agapov I.V. Kompetentnostnyj podhod k obrazovaniju: prihot´ ili neobhodimost´ [Competence approach to education: fad or necessity]. Standarty i monitoring v obrazovanii [Standards and monitoring for education]. 2000, I. 2, pp. 58.
4. Shishov S.E., Agapov I.G. Kompetentnostnyj podhod k obrazovaniju kak neobhodimost´ [Competence approach to education as a necessity]. Luchshie stranicy pedagogicheskoj pressy [Top of page pedagogical press]. 2002. № 3. P. 21.
5. Orlova I.K. Trebovaniia k urovniu professionalnoi kompetentnosti pedagogov-organizatorov vospitatelnoi raboty v usloviiakh modernizatcii otechestvennogo obrazovaniia [Requirements to the level of professional competence of teachers and organizers of educational work in the conditions of modernization of national education]. Razvitie regionalnoi sistemy dopolnitelnogo pedagogicheskogo obrazovaniia v usloviiakh ego modernizatcii opyt problemy perspektivy [Development of a regional system of an additional pedagogical education in the conditions of its modernization: experience, problems, perspectives]. Stavropol, 2006, I. 1.